Thursday 15 November 2012

Summary of Module 2, Part 6.

Well the 3 parts in Module 2 have been an eventful journey and I haven't even began to think about my inquiry plan yet. Jam-packed with Theories, Researcher tools and Ethics, my final summary of module 2 brings me to a place definite learning and my journal informs me of, " a change in reaction to my studies... Sensing the notion of being brave, getting up and getting on with it" (Ahmet, A. 2012), which makes a change from the anxious feeling of under confidence from the last module (Ahmet, A. 2012).

As if following an old tradition of studies, I began the part yet again with a Critical Reflection of Reader 6. Shining the spotlight on Mason, Fox et al and Bell enabled me to not only satisfy my critical curiosity of the theories in the reader, but provided me with the knowledge and guidance I will need in the planning of my inquiry. An important find, they give me the 'know how' to the research process I am so new to. Critical Reflections are something I decided to take into this module, as a way to challenge the ideas of others and broaden my understanding. It is great to notice that I, "found some habits of study... Continue to be useful beyond the first module where I started them" (Akineye, A. 2012)

The tasks in Part 6 allowed me to try, test and fail my tools of research. Using reflective practice, I was able to know what is working in these tools and what I needed to develop further. My journal tells me, "we only get one shot at this inquiry and I've got to get it right" (Ahmet, A. 2012). I began the part feeling a little apprehensive as I never claimed to be a strong researcher. Not that I'm claiming to be an expert with the inquiry process now. But I do feel, planning, piloting and reflecting on the tools of inquiry, has aided me to sense a feeling of command over my inquiry. Having explored the ethical issues within my practice and most importantly within my inquiry, I can continue with the respect and verification of the outside world. Learning that ethics within my inquiry will be ever presence and my awareness of it is key to the respect and validation of my research project.

The Next Step: I feel having established my line of inquiry; Explored the ethical issues within my research and finally playing with the ideas of tools for inquiry. I now have the knowledge to compose a research project that points towards the direction of my inquiry. I can see the holes of knowledge within my practice and I hope that my work in Parts 4, 5 and 6 provide the sealant I'm looking for.




4 comments:

  1. Hi again!

    I love reading all of your posts! They are so insightful. I think you have drawn some really useful conclusions already and haven't even started your inquiry!

    Have you written a critical reflection on the whole module yet for the appendix? I can't wait to read it!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,

    Thanks for reading my posts, your comments have been encouraging over the module. It seems timely that you have joined again as collaborating through our SIG has been vital to the development of the inquiry. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    I haven't started either yet. Just looking at the plan in terms of structure, I think I'll do the critical reflection after. I'm trying to find out what format the plan takes. Do you know? Is it using citations and a referencing system, or is it informal?

    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on Alan Durrant's blog! There is a format on there of what an inquiry should look like! It's quite a simple format.

    Hope this helps

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is always so inspiring. There is no point doing something if you don’t do it full out and you certainly live up to this. I look forward to seeing your blogs and findings in the last module.

    ReplyDelete