Sunday 10 February 2013

The last beginning!

It seems a little strange. Time flies by when your having fun. I sit in disbelief of the idea that this is intact my last module. I am nervous, mostly about the work load and the ongoing challenge of balancing work, life and studies. This is also infused with an excitement of what is to come. Still it's important to not fantasise about the end and remain here, in the present moment. I learnt this in module one, by attuning myself to the now within my studies I can reflect on what is actually happening, rather than what I think will happen. 

I bump into a video that fills me with passion and reminds me of the rational behind why I feel it important to become a teacher. It's message is important, especially with today's governmental views on the arts. The notion of sharing the video marks the opening of a new semester. I hope we continue to share, connect and inspire each other during this final module. All the best to everyone on the BAPP programme. 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Ahmet - agree for the most part with video - however sometimes misery is necessary for ultimate goals and the journey is not always in our control. Sometimes working through problems - earning money to eat and sleep and have a roof - is part of the life we need to put up with to be in a place where we can decide. I have just come across this article about Sylvia Plath http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21336933 about her last days and think that sensitive souls may need more latitude to waiting out the times that might be 'miserable'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahmet - I feel that this piece perhaps touches on the whole procedure of failure leading to success? You need to experience the humbling, rubbish parts of life to truly appreciate what is good and worthy. This also touches on the relativity of what is miserable for one is bliss for another. Having your dream and running with it is commendable, but it is not always a consistently positive journey.

    Paula - Recently, feeling confident that I am earning enough money to keep a roof over my head and pay my bills, I have taken the opportunity to offer my time to mentor young adults voluntarily. Until this point, I have not had the time to spare as all my hours have been used to plan how to or to actively and earn more money, even just enough money to survive. I agree that it is sometimes a miserable 'means to an end' journey, which then offers opportunities to arrive just at the right time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments.

    I think it's about balance. We should neither be driven by our hobbies or money alone. We need both. In an ideal world we would enjoy our the way we earn money, but this isn't always possible. I do really believe, that of which one puts their attention on will be the very experience that you keep getting. I absolutely agree that misery is important, as it creates a platform for change. We need the bad to tell us what we really want. It's an indicator for change. I think it's important to teach children to aspire to do things for pleasure and passion and not just make money. This message of the balance of passion and money is key to the happiness of the people of tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahmet, I admire and respect your passion to teach children to aspire to be the best they can be, doing something they are passionate about. I absolutely agree that it's all about striking a balance. Working hard to follow your dreams with the end result of a financial reward. As we know all too well, this kind of journey often leads us to periods of difficult decision making.
    Best Wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete