Wednesday 13 February 2013

JRCS Research day.

Well, as I now have approval for my inquiry, I'm finally in a place to go ahead with my core research activity. Jo Richardson Community School (JRCS) is the core establishment for my data collection and as I volunteer there I am perfectly placed. The Head of Drama (also my mentor) and the Head Teacher have been a part of the planning of the research day and this has helped with the ethical considerations of the data collection.

I very excited, as I prepare four individual research packs, all with observation packs; practitioner profile surveys; and consent forms, I stop for a moment and think back to module 2. The idea of subjectivity comes to mind. It is important that I record what I actually see and not what I think I see, then I can communicate a non-bias view at the point of analysis.

The idea of, "looking within my practice, to inform me about my practice, was once confusing, but now makes perfect sense" (Ahmet. A).  I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. Part of my inquiry is based in the college that I am currently studying at. So I too have preconceptions and opinions of what goes on! I plan to attack this issue by reflecting on my existing knowledge as a separate matter and then analyse my observations separately. I will ensure to record what actually happens on the day of observation to accumulate fair results regardless of what may have happened previously! I then will be in a position to compare findings fairly. It will be interesting to see how behaviour changes!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete