Friday 22 February 2013

1st Campus Session: Module 3

As I sit on the train and pull away from Hendon station, my newly discovered ability to blog on my iPhone allows me to reflect on the campus session of this morning straight away. It was a mini session in that it was a morning session before the big meeting this afternoon. Paula and Jo Clarke and myself we're present so it was mini in numbers, but needless to say still the same in intensity of ideas. It felt good to plug in and recharge into the think tank.

Paula prepared a power point, this was great as it gave us structure and put us on track if the discussion took us away for a couple of seconds. Full of excersises, discussion points and advice the day helped support the plan and irradiate 'some' of the stresses module three is bringing. We discussed literature review in terms of what it should look like, how it's used and the importance for it's relevance to the inquiry. We then visited where we were at with the plan and what the action points were for each of us. Followed by an in-depth look at analysing the findings. We finished on discussing something we have found so far and it's relation to the inquiry.

Reflections

It was fascinating that even though Jo and I are sat there on the same course, we are looking at completely different aspects with our practice. Even the very process seems to be different. It was potent that every inquiry is different and the journey within it is relative to the individual facilitating it.

A shift in direction. Having now gathered all my data, the plan was to continuing with the literature reviews and then note the data. Paula advised that it would be better to put my work on reviews on hold and get the data written up. It just occurred, fresh in my mind and needs to be put in a tangible form ready for analysis. The focus changes to data, for now...

Great Campus session!

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to complete any of my interviews as they are last on my list. I want to collect my data from my questionnaire and observations before interviewing as I think the data will influence the questions I ask. A great point on writing up your interviews while it is all fresh in your mind, this is something that I will do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly,

      I think it's great that you are planing on crafting your questionnaire based on what your other forms of data collection gather. This way your inquiry is guiding the structure of itself.

      Hope it goes well.

      Ahmet

      Delete