Sunday 27 January 2013

Life in Module Limbo...

This break seems to not be as relieving as the last break we had. Probably because of there is a little voice in my head that reminds me of how much work there is to do in Module 3. To make myself feel better and that I'm doing something about this anticipated work load, I thought some leisurely reading of the handbooks and readers seemed like a good idea.

What? Stop? Seriously? Breath...

It's no wonder this module is worth 50% of the final mark, it will require the most academic rigour I'm get to face on my BAPP journey. Not to scare you all. But I did have a melt down, I'm afraid I can't share what I wrote in my journal about it. But put it this way, it was expressive!

Meanwhile, I have been focusing on plans and life after the BAPP programme. Delighted to say announced i have bagged a place at Goldsmith's University on the Drama PGCE course - Thrilled. I also passed the Numeracy and Literacy professional skills test. These were tricky and happy to advise anyone in need of help with them. So Now I have this all out the way, it's just Me and Mr Jones, well and my degree that is! I know, I know. Couldn't help myself...

Next step it's back to the reader and handbook. The search for more literature to support my inquiry analysis is on; I await feedback on the inquiry plan; and nurse my SIG connections ready for data collection.

What is everyone else up to?

5 comments:

  1. Ahmet your blog reminds me of something Daniel Day Lewis said today when asked where he goes when he is outside of the limelight. He said he did not feel like he was away as this time was when he actually did a lot of his thinking and it did not feel like he was not busy. While I would not compare myself to Lewis' creative cycle! I would agree that your dedicated programme staff have not been without activity. Great to see the preparation for the next step though. Recharge your batteries and SIG engagement sounds sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this Ahmet...This in-between stage is like waiting for the ball to start rolling, cos once it starts its not gonna stop! Well done on being accepted into Goldsmith's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ahmet
    Yes, I remember this stage... Itching to get started... Seriously though take a breather, take a physical big step out of that circle (imaginary circle on the ground) and walk around it.
    Very well done on your place at Goldsmiths.. Pace yourself and good luck.

    Corinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ahmet,
    Well done thats amazing news about Goldsmiths. Im thrilled to be back but nervous too as Im in Australia opening A Dolls House in Brisbane Festival so am up to my eyes with that. I had a break totally for the weeks as i really needed it after the submissions. Here we go again, look forward to saying in touch and blogging each other. I wish you every success on this module.

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments. Let's blog and collaborate on more time!!!

    ReplyDelete