Wednesday 31 October 2012

TASK 5c: Professional Ethics

Before I began the tasks in part 5, I decided to compose a critical reflection on reader 5. I have continued the notion of critical reflections from module one as a way of channelling my learning and recording what I know. In working through the questions that Reader 5 was presenting to me, I now realise that I have already began to consider my ethical framework within my professional inquiry in this blog.

Ethics in a professional context I think is linked to reputation. We all stick to the way it's done, probably to be accepted. If we behave like others in our profession, does this lead to success? However, at times we need to be brave, break the mould and come away from old ways of thinking. A risk as this can be, we as practitioners lead the way of the future of the ethical principals within our practice. "Ethics pervades all parts of our lives - personal and professional... and professional codes of practice have been developed to uphold standards of practice" (Reader 5, 2012). I've learnt that its elaborate and intricate presence within my practice and professional inquiry is the key to the respeact and protection of people. 

I think what I have discovered is key to my research as, 
     Looking at my inquiry, I think the issues I will need 
     to look at is confidentiality. I am looking at speaking
     to teachers, I need to respect their promise of code of
     conduct. Working with children will no doubt be 
     restricting and I will need to adhere to there
     confidentiality needs for both moral reasons and for 
     the good of the reputation with my networks. I would 
     need to be careful, that the research has the right 
     balance of informal enough to be formal. I don't want 
     to scare people away, these are my affiliations after 
     all. So there needs to be a 'serious fun' approach to 
     my inquiry" (Ahmet, A. 2012).


No comments:

Post a Comment