Monday 6 February 2012

1st campus session

The first campus session today was lead by tutor Adesola Akinleye. It was a real kick start to the course, full of introductions and advice on managing studying on the BAPP programme. We then explored the content and tasks in module 1, sharing ideas on getting blogs started and briefly looking at professional communication technologies. We then had to draw a diagram on one aspect of the course. In my group we drew a rocket about to launch. Adesola used the rocket as a symbol, in order to launch the rocket of our studies, we had to first gather our past experiences to fuel our journey. Once we have taken off, we need to engage in the experience of the journey and not be fixated on the end destination - the qualification. The Image is attached below...




A really interesting concept came up in the session. As performers we can often focus on the end destination of a journey, getting the job. Even when you are working on a particular role, instead of being present in that journey we sit and obsess about the next job and the next destination. On the BAPP programe old perofermer habits must be broken, engaing in the process is the only way you will reach the end destination. I found this hard, I am used to having a tick list and getting the job done. The idea of starting something without the end insight is a new concept to me. I shall try to let go of where I want to go and engage in the process, but I can't promise I won't at least glimpse at the arrival point.

2 comments:

  1. Ahmet - I have yet to read all of your blogs but it has been noted that you certainly have the spirit of the course. I will be reading through your posts asap - and great to have you setting everyone a good example of 'engagement'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula. I look forward to your comments. The course is important to me and getting everything I can out of it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete