Friday 6 April 2012

Summary of Part 3, Module 1

In part two I looked inward at the ideas on reflection within my practice. Using what I learnt here, in part three I change my focus and look outward in my practice. My atention was on the ideas of others in my practice and my position in relation to them. It was about looking deeply and analysing my professional networks. The first obvious place to start was the appearance of my current networks, using images and words, I composed a detailed view of my currrent networks. This helped me to know when I am and then realise where i want to be in relation to my networks. the next task brought me to the concepts and theories behind networking. Here I was able to practice writing and citing, as well as critical reflection. Critical curiosity being the ethos of the piece of work, I read and reflected on the ideas of the theorists. This then lead me to the exploration of their relevance to my practice. I then concentrate on 'connectivism' and look at my most important sources of information, this then takes me to exploring other BAPP students ideas of sources, so as to learn from them. My final tasks gets me critically reflecting on blogs and focus on some emerging questions from he module. This is important as I now realise, it's all gearing up for my assessment piece I am about to write.

My learning


I now understand the in-depth and detailed analysis critical reflection provides me with. This reflection process I talk about, keeps my thoughts, plans and decisions well informed. Through careful consideration in reflection I am able to grow my ideas and come to more rounded decisions.

I have developed a method that provides me with a view of myself I couldn't comprehend before. I recognise where i am in my network and where I need to be. Further more, I have an understanding of the concepts and methods that will enable me to achieve my future networks. Using the ideas given to me b the theorists in reader three, I can progress my professional practice.

Connectivism is important to me, it enables my to keep my knowledge up-to-date and enables me to keep learning and upgrading my ideas. Communities of practice could be the key to making new networks, I need to interact within the communities of my future networks. Most importantly, the realisation that the quality of the connections between my networks is important. The better the quality, the better the information or relationship.

There seems to be a unification between the three parts in the module, I keep seeing themes of the of each part of the module in my work on other tasks, more importantly I am starting to notice the concepts given to me in my practice. This merging or unifying of the separate learning in each part is important I think, it acts as an umbrella of understanding over my practice. I can know willingly allow my understanding of communication technologies, reflection and networking leads me to a better quality of performance within my professional practice.

I have learnt about myself. My professional and academic voice is developing, what was once lacking, I now feel is growing and developing. That's not to say I have arrived, but then do you ever. Instead a new awareness is ever present, not only in my studies but in my practice. There is a certain professional confidence now showing it's face within my work that was some what absent before hand.






No comments:

Post a Comment