Monday 25 June 2012

Workshops and Open Days = Networking.

The last week has been eventful for my career transition's journey. Having attended a London Drama workshop for drama teachers and the open day at Goldsmiths University for Drama PGCE, I have been connecting to the right people and learning from them. Using the networking theories given to me in module 1, I feel a difference in my attitude to networking with a professional image and one that gets me the connections, support and information I need.

London Drama Workshop


This was based on a massive two day workshop I was unable to attend. Luckily this workshop took us through the high lights of the two days and was extremely beneficial to me as a way of expanding and challenging my existing ideas as a drama in eduction practitioner. From new drama classroom exercises to ways to tackle Shakespeare with young students, It was good to play with some ideas and listen to practitioners from a more experienced point of view. I was then introduced to the work of Lucy Cathbertson of Corelli College, her ideas both inspiring and contemporary I instantly knew she will be someone worth an inquiry in module 2. Her ground breaking attitude to giving children a sense of ownership and personal qualities over there work in drama was something that made me sit up and listen. I will now begin to collect literature on her and explore her ideas and work.

Goldsmith's Open Day


I plan to apply in October, ready for September 2013. However I have been courting the course leader for a year now. You can't just turn up and apply, it's competitive. I have been working towards a list of criteria needed upon applying. It was good to go in, display what I have been putting into place over the last year and flex my muscles. I feel I have networked and achieved, coming away noticing a definite professional relationship with the course leaders, great knowledge on the process of application and a confidence in my presence as a qualified drama teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment