Friday 9 December 2011

My First Blog.


After reading the programme handbook and having a short but dramatic panic about all the things I had to get in place before I start the course, I called on a close friend who is just about to finish this very course. We met in Starbucks and I gave coffee and cake in exchange for a clear and informative breakdown of what I needed to do. My first question was of course was, "What is all this blog business about?". After I understood why I'm blogging and what relevance it has to my degree. I naturally came to my second question, "What do I blog about? The weather?"

So here I am, just turned thirty and after a ten year career on stage, I go back to school. I haven't written an essay in about 13 years, so my feeling of fear combined with anxiety is understandable. However, it's "the show must go on" mentality that has got me through the last 10 years and I intend to apply the same Freddie Mercury attitude to my studies. The thought of reviewing my professional practice and giving it the conversion of an academic credit, makes me feel excited and enthused with ideas for my studies. Having obtained all the knowledge I've been collecting over the years, I can now inject them with the exploration and analysis of higher education. Pretty cool stuff...

I am really looking forward to learning and can't wait to start my journey. Here is a quote I found on the net, thought it summed it up quite nicely, "The main part of intellectual education is not the acquisition of facts but learning how to make facts live."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I look forward to meeting all my class members and tutors soon, look forward to following your blogs. Blog Blog blog  away...

4 comments:

  1. Good job. Nice quote too. Just remember to enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've mentioned you in my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the course Ahmet. look forward to hearing some interesting articles!

    ReplyDelete